Sunday, May 20, 2012

Leather Handled Carry knife

The design of this knife is similar to the kephart with a spear point blade.

The one below is a prototype I am using and testing for now.  Here is
some info on the knife.  The blade is about 2 1/4" long  and
about 1" wide.  With a handle about 3 1/8" long and yes it is antiqued
hard leather.  About 8 to 10 ounce that is epoxied and pinned to the tang
and is very flat and seems comfortable to me. 
This also has been beeswax finished.  This would also work well
with an epoxy finish.

If you have been a follower of my work you know I have done
many leather wrapped handles, and I work with leather
but this is the first flat leather (Pinned to the tang Knife
I have done)

The spine on this one is 3/32 thick with filework after
the handle.

I will give more info and show more pics and maybe
a video to show closer pictures as time goes by.




















Thank you
Matt
ML Knives
http://www.mlknives.com

No comments:

Post a Comment