Saturday, September 22, 2012

A Bowie Knife Jim Bowie Would love

Bowie knives are a special knife if you ask me,  Just some kind of
special goodness when you hold a blade like this.  I would list
a bowie amongst my favorite's to make as far as large knives go.

This being said I also love forging and making the large butcher
or camp knife.  If you have read my book you know how I feel about
an old school butcher knife.  This post originally wasn't meant to be
a list of knives I enjoy making because I could list a bunch here.
So let me go on to this bowie.

This bowie knife  has a blade just about 9 inches long, and has a nice
patina on it.  The spine has been file worked  and the width on this
is about 1 3/4" after the guard give or take.

The handle is aged crown elk stag and is well over 5 inches long with
2 old school style steel penned pins.  The guard is forged and is thick and
stout at about 3/16"

The sheath was hand stitched and antiqued and all the tooling vine work
was done free hand.

































Thank you
Matt
ML Knives
http://www.mlknives.com

1 comment: